Over the past two decades Beauchamps has established a reputation as one of the leading Irish law firms advising on renewable energy projects, particularly wind farm developments. Our award winning Renewable Energy Group has extensive experience representing developers, funders and investors in a wide variety of energy projects in Ireland and abroad. We pride ourselves on being able to provide practical, cost efficient and solutions-driven advice from the feasibility stage right through to planning, financing and ultimate construction of the project.
- Acting for developers and funders in the project finance and construction of renewable energy projects;
- Advising on the purchase and sale of wind farms and other renewable energy projects;
- Drafting and negotiating all necessary property documentation, including wind leases, solar leases, wayleaves for grid connection (etc);
- Planning law advice to include advising on planning appeals, Section 5 Declarations, EIA, NIA, modifications to existing planning permissions and Judicial Reviews applications;
- Advice on REFIT and negotiation of power purchase agreements, including market change provisions;
- Energy regulation, to include advising on I-SEM and other upcoming changes in the Irish energy market;
- Negotiating turbine supply agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, civils and electrical balance of plant contracts;
- Advising on EIIS and other funding arrangements for energy projects;
- Advising on solar, bioenergy, CHP and auto-production projects.
View the Group's recent experience here.
Rankings and recommendations:
The Renewable Energy team is recommended in international legal directories for their work, including Chambers and Legal 500. Independent client comments include:
- "These lawyers have their finger on the pulse of the wind energy sector.” Chambers Europe 2015
- “Department head Ainsley Heffernan is praised for his practical approach and skill in transactions: “He is a phenomenal lawyer and an excellent negotiator. Unlike most lawyers he doesn’t just identify the problems in the deal, but focuses on coming up with innovative and practical solutions to those problems”." Chambers Europe 2015
- “In-depth knowledge of the renewables market’ and team head Ainsley Heffernan provides ‘practical solutions’. Legal 500 2015
- “Their ability to bridge the gap between good business and good legal practice sets them apart from the competition”. Legal 500 2014
- “Strong reputation for transactional and financing work in the renewable energy sphere, with a notable focus on wind farm projects. Experienced in advising on mandates involving international parties.” Chambers Europe 2014
- “Sources say: “It is our go-to firm for serious issues.” “The team has a strong knowledge of the renewable energy sector in Ireland and will tailor its advice to our requirements.” Chambers Europe 2013
- “Irish Renewable Energy Law Firm of the Year” Corporate INTL Legal Awards (2015)
- “Banking/Finance Law Team of the Year” AIB Private Banking Irish Law Awards (2015)
- “Irish Alternative Energy Law Firm of the Year” Acquisition International M&A Awards (2013)
- “Irish Alternative Energy Law Firm of the Year” Acquisition International M&A Awards (2012)