Claire is a partner in our litigation & dispute resolution team. Claire works with major financial institutions, owner-managed businesses, multinational companies and State bodies, and has extensive experience in the financial services, healthcare, and public sectors.
Claire specialises in contentious matters and has strong expertise across a range of areas including administrative and constitutional law, banking, contractual disputes, company law, insurance law, construction, employment and equality law.
Claire is also known for her work in regulatory law and has been involved in a number of significant cases including the first prosecution under the Charities Act 2009.
- Law Society of Ireland in a decision by the High Court confirming the Motor Insurers Bureau of Ireland (MIBI)’s liability on claims related to insolvent insurance company, Setanta; this decision was upheld on appeal to the Court of Appeal
- Claimant in judicial review proceedings against the Health Service Executive in respect of EU health benefit rights
- European Commission and the European Council in proceedings challenging the EU Turkey Statement on asylum
- Office of Public Works in a three day hearing before the Rights Commissioner in relation to the status of trainee
- Turf Club in a significant constitutional action on its legal nature and status