Dermot is a partner and head of our award-winning employment & benefits team. Dermot works with domestic and international clients and has specialist expertise across a range of sectors, particularly the education, healthcare, financial services, technology & communications, and public sectors.
Dermot has significant experience in assisting employers on the full range of legal issues that may arise during the employment relationship and on employee dispute resolution – including advising on risk management, redundancy and downsizing, employment issues in mergers and acquisitions and transfer of undertakings. He also advises extensively on day-to-day issues such as managing disciplinary issues, employment contracts, restrictive covenants, pension issues and entitlements to maternity and other forms of leave. Dermot also has strong expertise in relation to employee share schemes and bonus schemes, pensions, redundancy and transfer of undertakings situations.
Prior to joining Beauchamps Dermot was an Associate Director with KPMG.
- A number of Institutes of Technology in relation to all employment law issues including fixed term contracts, protected disclosures, grievance and disciplinary issues
- BNP Paribas on employment contracts, HR policies and day to day employment issues
- Ergo on all its employment law requirements including on employment best practice, equality issues at recruitment stage, compliance issues that arise on a day to day basis and HR due diligence in relation to recent acquisitions
- A number of senior executives in relation to exit negotiations and severance payments
- A large corporate client in High Court proceedings against an employee to protect confidential and commercially sensitive information