Fiona specialises in complex commercial disputes and has particular experience advising in the area of debt and security enforcement and insolvency matters.
A specialist in mediation, Fiona also has vast expertise in advising in defamation actions and judicial review proceedings, as well as nuisance, product liability and professional negligence suits.
- IBRC in obtaining a multi-million euro summary judgment award from the Commercial Court in respect of liquidated amounts due and owing by a borrower of the Bank pursuant to certain guaranteed liabilities of a limited company
- NALM in respect of proceedings taken against a connection containing both individual and corporate primary borrowers for sums in excess of €80 million, in addition to guaranteed liabilities by the directors of the corporate borrower
- An existing employee and a former employee of a financial institution as well as advising the bank itself in a judicial review application quashing the decision of a Judge to issue District Court criminal summonses against the bank employees
- Paul McCann, receiver appointed over the assets and undertakings of two limited companies, in respect of an application seeking directions pursuant to Section 316(1) of the Companies Act, 1963 and further proceedings to obtain possession of the principle asset of one of the limited companies in receivership, namely a boutique hotel
- George Maloney and Stephen Scott, receivers, in obtaining possession of a licenced premises on foot of an injunction application centred on the validity of a lease granted by the borrower to a third party
- UDG Healthcare plc in respect of a claim for damages on foot of a contractual dispute