Maureen is partner and head of our technology & intellectual property team, and our data protection & freedom of information team. Maureen works with many of the world’s biggest domestic and global brands particularly in the food & beverage, technology & communications, pharmaceutical and retail sectors, SMEs, start ups, not-for-profit organisations and public sector bodies.
Maureen specialises in all aspects of intellectual property and technology matters (both contentious and non-contentious) including advising on and maintaining IP portfolios, advising on the clearance, registration, defence, exploitation and enforcement of intellectual property rights as well as devising IP strategies, handling trademark filings and prosecutions, advising and negotiating outsourcing agreements, API and software licence agreements, support and maintenance agreements and software development agreements as well as advising on IP and technology due diligence, website privacy statements and terms & conditions.
Maureen also has broad expertise and experience in advising clients on compliance with freedom of information and data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- On The Beach (a UK on-line travel agent) in legal proceedings instituted by Ryanair alleging (amongst others) intellectual property infringement
- BiBA GmbH (an international clothing company) in trade mark infringement proceedings as well as separate trade mark revocation proceedings before the High Court
- Motivation Weight Management (a renowned indigenous weight loss clinic) on all legal matters including IP
- VKR Holding A/S (a global investment company) on the management of its trade mark portfolio in Ireland
- Expedia (an international online travel company) on its data protection obligations in Ireland
- Fresenius Netcare GmbH (a global healthcare company) on the Irish legal aspects of a cloud service application
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland on all legal matters including compliance with data protection and freedom of information legislation
- Fincons Group on an agreement with Ireland’s public service media provider, RTÉ, regarding an online video platform and related services