Ruth is an associate in our litigation & dispute resolution team. Ruth has a wealth of experience in advising financial institutions and commercial clients in contentious matters. In conjunction with her commercial litigation practice, Ruth also advises statutory bodies and commercial entities in the context of statutory procedures and regulatory disputes.
Ruth has vast experience in matters of contract law, asset recovery, conveyancing law, landlord and tenant law and regulatory litigation. Ruth has particular expertise in advising clients in complex, high value disputes. With sound commercial focus and a pragmatic approach, Ruth regularly advises clients before the Commercial Court and the appellate courts.
Ruth also acts for clients in alternative dispute resolution methods including mediation and arbitration.
- A financial institution and a receiver in the defence of a claim for specific performance concerning the sale of a licenced premises in Dublin City Centre; this case was successfully defended in the Commercial Court and the Court of Appeal
- A property developer in a dispute regarding a joint venture development agreement resulting in a pre-hearing settlement following mediation; the value of the case was €14.5 million
- A variety of financial institutions in debt recovery and enforcement matters to include advising in relation to enforcement strategy and post-judgment recovery methods
- A regulatory body in relation to its statutory powers and acting in a statutory prosecution
- A receiver appointed over a multi-unit commercial development, and acting in landlord and tenant proceedings before High Court