Sandra is a partner and head of our employment and benefits team. Sandra provides legal advice and business risk support to key clients, managers, directors, CEOs and Board members within the private sector and public sector across a range of contentious and non-contentious employee, governance and business-related areas and issues.
Prior to joining Beauchamps, Sandra was an Employment Partner and Head of Knowledge, Learning and Development at an Irish law firm.
- all areas of employment law including interview and recruitment processes, service contracts, terms and conditions of employment, union/management agreements, employment equality legislation, unfair dismissals legislation, redundancy legislation and transfer of undertakings legislation
- industrial relations injunctions and general industrial relations issues
- statutory and constitutional issues involved in disciplinary processes and/or internal investigations and disciplinary and regulatory proceedings
- representation in contentious matters before the High Court, Supreme Court, Circuit Court, WRC and Labour Court
- pension issues and obligations of employers under pension legislation
- alternative methods of dispute resolution (ADR) and in particular, mediation as a method of resolving workplace and organisational disputes
- Administrative Law matters including functions and responsibilities of accounting officers of statutory bodies and advising regarding functions and responsibilities of statutory body
- judicial review applications
- health and safety legislation in the context of prevention of bullying in the workplace but also generally in the context of risk assessment, hazard identification and safety statements