In this Chapter, Barry reflects on the strong recovery for the Irish economy that has been brought on by positive market conditions and improved sentiment towards Ireland.
One of the key indicators of the continued renaissance in the Irish economy has been the performance of the domestic banking sector. While domestic institutions, the Exchequer and indeed debtors still suffer the overhang of overtrading, in aggregate the banking sector returned to profitability in 2014 for the first time since 2008 and continues to thrive. This has led to a rise in lending, further supporting the economic recovery.
Barry shares his expert insights on a number of topics including:
- restructuring and insolvency activity in Ireland
- the restructuring and insolvency legal framework
- recent legal developments in the market
- significant transactions, key developments and the most active industries
- international updates
- future developments coming down the line
For more information on the topics discussed in this chapter, or on insolvency and corporate restructuring in general, contact Barry Cahir or your usual Beauchamps contact.