Damian is a partner in the firm’s corporate & commercial group. Damian has extensive experience across areas of corporate, commercial and company law, including cross-border group reorganisations, international companies establishing operations in or business with Ireland, commercial contracts and corporate governance and compliance. He has worked with both Irish and international companies across a wide range of industries and has particular experience in the technology sector, having worked as an in-house lawyer in technology companies for some years.
Prior to joining the firm, Damian was Vice President and General Counsel for the Irish technology and innovation hub of Element Fleet Management Corp., a Canadian listed entity, and was Senior Corporate Legal Counsel for Oracle's EMEA operations, based out of Oracle's EMEA HQ in Dublin.
- Element Fleet Management Corp in relation to the review, amendment and subsequent unwind of Ireland IP holding structure
- Element Fleet Technology Ltd in relation to negotiating commercial contracts and software license agreements
- Growing a technology development and innovation hub from a standing start to a 40-person operation (managing offshore development in an Agile environment) as a member of the leadership team of Element Fleet Technology in Dublin
- Oracle on the management and coordination of corporate governance and corporate structuring projects including the management of all intragroup contracting and financing structures pertaining to 70+ legal entities across EMEA
- Oracle on the integration of newly acquired companies into the group structure, working with cross-functional project teams including accounting, tax, business operations and HR