Emer is a partner in our corporate & commercial team. Emer has extensive experience working with both Irish organisations and international businesses across all sectors.
Emer currently specialises in providing solutions to corporate technical law issues for cross border mergers, conversions, and corporate restructurings, working with multidisciplinary teams. Emer has extensive experience of implementing business transformations for global brands, advising on company law and corporate governance and compliance across a wide range of sectors.
In addition to her role as a Partner on our corporate & commercial team, Emer is Chair of Bank of Ireland's Independent Appeals Panel, established under the Central Bank of Ireland’s framework for its industry wide Tracker Mortgage Examination, the largest, most complex and significant consumer protection review undertaken by the Central Bank.
Emer has extensive practical experience of strategy and governance in the not for profit/charities sector, having served as a non executive director of several well known charities.
Prior to joining Beauchamps as a partner, Emer worked as Deputy General Counsel at Aviva Ireland and was a Director in the corporate department of another of Ireland’s leading corporate law firms.
- An international real estate group on a simplification project across five jurisdictions
- An international real estate group on a cross border conversion under the Mobility Directive
- Two Government Agencies on the wind up of an investment fund
- A global corporation on the restructuring of intragroup lending through its Irish subsidiary
- The Irish subsidiary of a global corporation in the software solutions sector on various options for the return of capital contributions
- A global corporation in the food and beverages sector on a cross border merger into Ireland
- A global corporation on the implementation of a debt tidy up simplification project