Tony is a partner in our commercial property team. Tony works with Irish and international property developers and specialises in large-scale, mixed retail, commercial and residential projects.
Tony has extensive experience in reviewing and advising on specialist property matters, including: complex title structures, planning issues arising in large-scale developments, high-value property acquisitions and disposals, partnerships, joint ventures and collective property investments; business leases; and site assembly and development agreements. Tony also advises lenders on all aspects of taking and enforcing security over property. He also helps financial institutions in dealing with distressed or defaulting borrowers.
Tony, through his AITI qualification and work experience, has considerable expertise in relation to VAT on property, in addition to Stamp Duty and other taxes. Tony has throughout his career been part of and led large property and cross departmental legal teams.
- Developers and lending institutions on a number of Primary Care Centres in Leinster which involved detailed negotiation of service level agreements
- National Asset Residential Property Services DAC (a subsidiary of NAMA) on its social housing initiative involving the completion and purchase of up to 2,000 housing units from NAMA debtors and the long term leasing of these units to approved housing bodies for social housing use
- Wynn Clons Development Limited on the acquisition of partly built residential developments from lending institutions and receiver, including setting up a new ownership structure including a new Management Company; completion of the transfer of the common areas and the drafting of an up-to-date suite of residential sales documents; and managing a team of property associates and trainees in the disposal of the new homes
- NAMA appointed receiver on the prominent Observatory building on Sir John Roberson’s Quay and completed high profile agreements for lease (AFL) and leases of two of the floors of the building; detailed negotiations in relation to the AFL were required with all stakeholders in particular the Project Teams on both the Landlord and Tenant side of the transaction
- Ryanair on the acquisition of its headquarters, which was a headline acquisition of a new building
- AIB appointed receiver on its various multi-unit developments
- Croke Park on the drafting and negotiating of the main contract in addition to the letters of appointment and collateral warranties for all of the project team