Fidelma is a partner and heads Beauchamps’ specialised Housing team. Fidelma has particular expertise in complex conveyancing and is an acknowledged market leader in the acquisition, development and management of social housing. Her practice includes all aspects of conveyancing and extends to the acquisition, structuring, financing, disposal and leasing of all types of property, including mulit-unit developments, distressed and partially complete residential developments, shopping centres, retail parks and offices. She also advises on all aspects of landlord and tenant law. Fidelma works with local authorities, state agencies, Approved Housing Bodies, lending institutions, pension funds, sporting bodies, receivers, developers, institutional and private investors.
As a result of her extensive experience, Fidelma has a unique insight into the key legal, commercial and social issues around social housing provision and a deep understanding of the unique and complex challenges which arise in the sector. Fidelma has well-developed client relationship management and project management expertise and experience and regularly collaborates with Beauchamps construction, banking and procurement teams to deliver bespoke advices particular to the social housing sector.
- Respond on various acquisitions and development projects to deliver substantial numbers of social housing units. This work includes acquisition of units and mixed use developments (turn-key and stage payment), purchase of development sites, drafting and negotiating bespoke development agreements, purchase of assets for remediation and advising on all related property and construction matters as well as funding through the Housing Finance Agency.
- Housing and Sustainable Communities Agency (Housing Agency) on the acquisition and sale of second-hand properties and family hubs units under its vacant housing purchase initiative, as well as bulk acquisitions of new housing schemes both in trust for local authorities and for onward sale to Approved Housing Bodies
- Clúid Housing in relation to acquisitions of residential housing both individually and by development project including the recent acquisition of a 78-unit complex at Leeside, Cork City
- North and East Housing Association in relation to the acquisition of numerous individual units and turn-key housing developments including 54 units at Rathmullen, Dundalk, County Louth
- Fingal County Council on the acquisition of both second hand and new housing units including compliance with Part V agreements required under the Planning and Development Acts 2000 to 2019
- National Asset Residential Property Services DAC (NARPS) Beauchamps, predominantly led by Fidelma, has been responsible for the delivery of legal services to NARPS in the implementation of its social housing initiative. This involved the acquisition of circa 2,000 residential units throughout Ireland through multi-unit purchases from NAMA debtors / receivers and the long term lease of units to Approved Housing Bodies funded by housing authorities
- Ulster Bank DAC and Permanent TSB in relation to the Government’s Mortgage to Rent Scheme
- Various major developers on the purchase of multiple green field sites and partially-built housing developments and on onward sale of residential and commercial units
- IDA Ireland in relation to the property aspects of a number of ongoing and strategically important transactions including acquisition lands to facilitate strategic development of IDA Technology Parks and leasing of industrial units to international companies to ensure prudent portfolio management