Caroline is a partner in our litigation & dispute resolution team. Caroline specialises in insolvency, corporate recovery, banking disputes and financial services litigation.
Caroline advises financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, asset management services and insurance companies in a wide range of commercial and financial disputes, enforcement and realisation of security, property disputes, professional negligence, defamation, data protection and complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman. Caroline has significant experience in litigation arising from the conduct of receiverships and regularly advises clients seeking or defending urgent injunctive relief.
- Financial institutions on debt recovery matters and the assessment and enforcement of guarantees and securities
- Financial institution in defence of high value cases involving breach of contract, misrepresentation, over-charging interest/surcharge and mis-selling claims
- Financial institutions on recovery options and instructed in possession cases, well charging order proceedings and garnishee proceedings
- Financial institution and receiver in defence of defamation claims including cases involving bounced cheques, incorrect identity of debtor, wrongful appointment of receiver and taking possession of incorrect properties and trespass of title claims
- Receiver in property matters including specific performance proceedings, forfeiture/ejectment actions, recovery of arrears of rent and enforcement of guarantees, boundary disputes and trespass and nuisance cases often involving applications for injunctive relief
- Receiver in bringing applications for interlocutory injunctive relief to restrain borrowers/ third parties from interfering with the receivership process and obtained declaratory orders as to the validity of the appointment of the receiver; and receiver in the defence of a large volume of injunction cases
- Plaintiffs in personal injury actions arising from accidents at work, road traffic accidents, slip and falls, occupier’s liability and public liability claims; also acted for Gardaí in Garda Compensation Claims and assessments
- Insurance companies in defence of complex personal injury actions involving multiple defendants and third parties