Edward is a partner in our public & regulatory and litigation & dispute resolution teams. Edward works with regulators, statutory and public sector bodies, financial institutions, real estate investors and local authorities. Edward has particular experience with a range of public and regulatory bodies in contentious matters, particularly in the healthcare sector.
Edward has broad experience in public, regulatory and general litigation, together with experience in alternative dispute resolution like mediation and arbitration. Edward also advises on data protection and freedom of information law. Edward also acts in commercial landlord and tenant disputes and property disputes on a range of issues.
- HIQA and or the Chief Inspector of Social Services in numerous matters including judicial review proceedings, statutory appeals, prosecution of offences and emergency applications;
- The Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland in an array of matters including as legal advisor to the Board in fitness to practice matters, in emergency suspension applications, applications for restoration and general advisory;
- Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission on a range of matters including defencing judicial reviews proceedings, the defence of various proceedings and section 96 applications compelling the production of documents;
- The Residential Tenancies Board in a series of statutory appeals (and a case stated) of sanctions for alleged breaches of the rent pressure zones legislation;
- A number of statutory and public sector bodies in respect of freedom of information requests and data privacy;
- The Salvation Army in an injunction application and an application for attachment of committal of the occupiers of a city centre property;
- A large private equity fund in landlord and tenant issues across a portfolio of commercial assets;
- A large financial institution and a large private equity fund in a number of negligence claims against solicitors; and
- A large financial institution in a loan sale of 500 loans with active litigation.