Maitiú is a partner in our commercial real estate team. Maitiú works with a wide range of public, private and institutional developers, lending institutions, local authorities, housing bodies and commercial/retail landlords and tenants, in the areas of commercial property, property based insolvencies and non-contentious construction law.
Maitiú has particular expertise in tax-based developments including hotels, nursing homes and designated rejuvenation areas.
- Obsidian ICAV on the acquisition of four shopping centres and one retail park and on-going lettings
- Dublin Port Company, the Port authority with extensive landholdings in Dublin Port, on the acquisition of over 100 acres of external lands adjoining Dublin Airport Logistics Park for future expansion and advising on general property matters and land consolidation strategies including a comprehensive title review and applications for first registration so as to consolidate the Port’s land bank including reclaimed land
- National Asset Residential Property Services DAC (a subsidiary of NAMA) on its social housing initiative which involves the acquisition of circa 2,000 residential units from NAMA debtors/receivers and the lease by way of long term lease to approved housing bodies funded by housing authorities
- Cardinal Capital on numerous property related lending arrangements
- Harcourt Life Assurance DAC on the sale of interest in Riverside One, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2 for approximately €80 million and property on Adelaide Road for approximately €45 million
- Dublin City Council on various property matters including the transfer and disposal of properties following the wind-down of its disclosed agent Ballymun Regeneration Limited