Pat is an associate in our banking & finance team. Pat specialises in all aspects of secured and unsecured lending. Pat acts for both Irish and international financial institutions and borrowers. Pat also advises on enforcement of security, compromise agreements and debt settlement agreements, refinancings, structured workouts and security reviews / remediation of security defects.
Pat is also a member of Beauchamps' franchising group and acts primarily for franchisors in the roll out of franchise concepts and the drafting of franchise agreements and related documentation.
- NAMA in its engagement with several borrower connections to include advising on remediation of security defects, formulation of enforcement strategies / appointment of statutory receivers, the provision of construction facilities to borrowers and statutory receivers and advising on compromise agreements / workouts / refinancings
- Irish hotel operator and a New York based private equity fund on hotel acquisition financing
- Office furniture business, with an Irish and UK market presence, in respect of the continuance of loan facilities from an Irish financial institution and the provision of invoice discounting facilities from an Irish and UK invoice discounting facility provider
- Silicon Valley Bank on guarantees / security from Irish corporates as part of California and England and Wales law lending transactions to include the provision of related legal opinions on the entry by Irish corporates into England and Wales and California law security and loan agreements
- Ulster Bank, EBS and Allied Irish Banks plc in relation to security reviews for various connections to include refinancings and remediation of security defects, formulating enforcement strategies and the appointment of receivers
- Irish and Canadian wind farm group on the provision of syndicated facilities from Irish lenders
- A Canadian lender on the restructuring of existing facilities to a medical product manufacturer, taking real property security and negotiation of a related inter lender agreement with an Irish financial institution
- Allied Irish Banks plc in relation to the provision of new facilities to a Dublin based corporate group involved in the supermarket business, hotel business and property development business