Sharon is a partner in our public & regulatory and litigation & dispute resolution team. Sharon was called to the Bar of Ireland in 2005 and practiced as a Barrister for 12 years before being admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2018. Sharon is a highly experienced litigator having worked in the legal sector for over 20 years.
Sharon provides key advisory, litigation, and dispute resolution services to statutory and regulatory bodies in addition to private individuals and corporate entities. Sharon operates across a range of sectors, including health and social care, planning and environmental, finance, debt, and security enforcement. Sharon also provides high level, strategic advice in relation to policy, governance, and statutory interpretation and focuses on pre-empting risk and ensuring reputational integrity for her clients.
Planning & Environment
- Large-Scale Domestic Property Developers in relation to detailed reviews and legal analysis of all relevant planning documentation and associated EIA documentation to include a line-by-line analysis of EIAR's, prior to submission to the relevant planning authority.
- Large Scale Domestic Property Developers as a notice party in Judicial Review proceedings relating to a large-scale Strategic Housing Developments initiated by a range of Applicants seeking to quash decisions of An Bord Pleanála.
- Large Scale Domestic Developer seeking injunctive relief arising from the illegal occupation of a large development site in North Kildare.
Health & Social Care/Regulatory
- TUSLA representing the Child and Family Agency at the Commission of Investigation into the response to complaints of child sexual abuse by a named individual in the South East region.
- A Health Care Regulator in relation to the preparation of an operational and legal review of the Health and Social Care Professionals statutory function under Part 6 of the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005.
- Section 38 and 39 Agencies on a wide range of legal issues, including engagement with the Regulator, preparation of compliance plans, safeguarding matters, assessment of need, regulatory obligations of Approved Housing Bodies and data protection advice.
- Several Public Bodies in relation to the duty to disclose information which might be of material assistance in preventing the commission of a relevant offence and/or securing the apprehension and prosecution of a relevant offence under the Criminal Justice Act 2011, to include engagement with the Garda National Economic Crime Bureau.
Debt & Security Enforcement
- Investment Fund and Receiver acting for the security holder and receiver appointed over a large-scale mix of residential and commercial properties. The litigation work is multi-faceted and includes acting in summary judgment proceedings, a plenary action in relation to the validity of security and boundary issues, possession proceedings in respect of residential units and the defence of proceedings taken by a potential purchaser seeking specific performance and damages arising from a rescinded contract of sale.
- Investment Fund and Receiver defending a plenary action relating to the transfer of loans and receivership validity, which work includes initiating and defending injunction applications, applications in respect of lis pendens, strike out, dismissal and abuse of process applications.
- Global Investment Fund advice pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation in relation to an alleged error in loan sale documentation specifically dealing with a rectification request pursuant to Article 16.