Simon is an partner within our insolvency & corporate restructuring team. He acts for clients across a wide spectrum of insolvency and litigation matters, and acts for all stakeholders including liquidators, receivers and examiners.
Simon has driven the promotion and expansion of the team to become a market leader in recent years. He has extensive experience in some of the most high profile matters to come before the Irish Courts including the examinership of CityJet DAC, the test case against FBD Insurance with respect to business interruption insurance arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, and the liquidation of multinational brands including Aldo Shoes Ireland Limited, Oasis Fashions Ireland Limited and Warehouse Fashions Ireland Limited, among others.
Simon's practical approach to advice on complex issues of law within the tight parameters of insolvency, restructuring and litigation scenarios ensures the delivery of key outcomes for his clients while also allowing collective collaboration with third parties.
Simon is also admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Liquidator of Carphone Warehouse Ireland Mobile Limited (trading as iD Mobile) on the trading of the company in provisional liquidation
- Dengrove DAC (Colony Northstar) on enforcement of security across a range of commercial and residential real estate assets
- FLI Global on its group restructure and subsequent acquisitions
- Directors of Pegasus Nominees Limited, a subsidiary of IBRC (In Special Liquidation), on the liquidation of the company
- Sands Cove Financial Partners Limited on its challenge to the examinership of Denis Moriarty the Kerries Limited
- Lord Mayor of Dublin on the creation of a trust for former employees of a company in liquidation
- Liquidator of the Swiss Department of Finance on their claim over funds of an insolvent company within Irish bank accounts