Damian is a partner in the firm’s corporate & commercial team. Having spent a significant period of his career working in-house as a General Counsel, Damian leverages his unique insights from having 'been the client' in providing practical commercial legal advice to clients for day-to-day legal matters which arise including drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, corporate governance and compliance. He also leads a cross-practice team which involves colleagues from employment, IP, real estate and others specialist areas, in providing a form of outsourced general counsel function to clients. Through this he provides clients with quick access, through a central point of contact, to the ah-hoc legal advice they need on a day-to-day basis. Our clients find this a particularly helpful service in circumstances where they don’t have their own in-house legal function or where their in-house team is built around a particular niche area of law.
Damian also has extensive experience across areas of corporate, commercial and company law, including M&A, equity investments, cross-border group reorganisations and advising international companies establishing operations Ireland. He has worked with both Irish and international companies across a wide range of industries and has particular experience in the technology sector, having worked as an in-house lawyer in technology companies for some years.
- McCabes Pharmacy Group on its sale to PHX Ireland
- Stoneweg SA on structuring of its equity investments in Irish residential real estate development projects
- Canadian headquartered Graymont on its establishment of operations in Ireland
- Shareholders of Alltrans on its sale to Carousel Logistics
- Rayner USA on its establishment of operations in Ireland and re-organisation of its group IP structuring
- CSR Cold Storage on drafting and negotiation of sale and supply contracts
- Invert Robotics on various funding rounds and negotiation of customer contracts