The uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic is unprecedented. While protecting everyone in our firm, we aim to weather this storm by standing side by side with our clients to provide them with all the help and support they need at this time.
The answer to "what do I do?" is that there are practical ways to properly run your business remotely; contracts may be amended or extended electronically with the agreement of your counter-party to deal with changed circumstances; and there are a range of protections for viable businesses in financial difficulty. We have extensive experience of these issues and we can guide you in your discussions with stakeholders.
We have produced some short guidance notes on the issues businesses, landlords, employers and directors are facing. We are developing these further as the issues evolve.
Should you have any further questions or concerns about the impact to your business, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me, your usual Beauchamps contact, or one of our identified subject matter experts.
John White, Managing Partner
DD: 01 4180639 | M: 087 2333687
Beauchamps' dedicated team will continue to assess the implications of the COVID-19 and its impact on organisations. Relevant resources will be added below on an ongoing basis.
- How Blockchain is helping in the fight against Covid-19
- VIDEO: Commercial Contracts - Legal Solutions as COVID-19 Unfolds
- COVID-19 and charity trustees
- Company Secretarial considerations in light of COVID-19 restrictions
- COVID-19 and Subject Access Requests
- COVID-19 Update: Holding board meetings
- COVID-19 Update: Tips on using e-signatures and entering into agreements remotely
- Government steps up supports for COVID-19 hit businesses
- Contractual issues arising in relation to COVID-19
EU, Competition & Procurement
- Using the Failing Firm Defence to Justify Mergers in a Post COVID-19 World
- COVID-19: Do the Public Procurement Rules continue to apply?
- COVID-19 Update: Irish Competition Authority asks parties to delay Merger Notifications
- COVID-19 Update: European Commission Announces Temporary State Aid Framework
- COVID-19: Further update on Planning Legislation
- COVID-19 and Recovery of Time and Cost Under Irish Building Contracts
- COVID-19: Update on Planning Legislation
- COVID-19: Essential Social Housing Construction Projects
- Emergency legislation designed to alleviate residential tenancies could also impact commercial leases
- COVID-19 Update: Immediate practical considerations for both landlords and tenants of commercial real estate
Emergency Measures Act
- Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (COVID-19) Act 2020 makes available the Temporary Wages Subsidy Scheme
- Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (COVID-19) Act 2020 introduces a significant change to the Redundancy Payments Act 1967
- Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (COVID–19) Act, 2020 – Amendment to Planning Legislation
- COVID-19 Update: Measures to assist residential tenants - inhibitions on tenancy terminations and rent increases
Litigation & Insolvency
- ODCE guidance on directors duties / trading during COVID-19
- COVID-19: Courts taking further steps to facilitate applications and hearings
- Remote Hearings During COVID-19
- COVID-19: Law of Frustration
- Will Business Interruption Cover Apply to COVID-19?
- COVID-19 and Professional Registration
- Impact of COVID-19 on the courts and litigation time limits
- Corporate structuring options for COVID-19 hit businesses
For more information or to discuss any COVID-19 related issues impacting your business, please get in touch with Damian Maloney (Corporate and Commercial), Edward Evans (Corporate & Commercial), Aidan Marsh (Commercial Property), Gerry Gallen (Commercial Property), Sandra Masterson Power (Employment), Paul Gough (Employment), Dorit McCann (EU, Competition & Procurement), Fidelma McManus (Housing), Barry Cahir (Litigation and Insolvency), Thomas O'Dwyer (Litigation), Sharon Delaney (Litigation), or your usual Beauchamps contact.