The uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic is unprecedented. While protecting everyone in our firm, we aim to weather this storm by standing side by side with our clients to provide them with all the help and support they need at this time.
The answer to "what do I do?" is that there are practical ways to properly run your business remotely; contracts may be amended or extended electronically with the agreement of your counter-party to deal with changed circumstances; and there are a range of protections for viable businesses in financial difficulty. We have extensive experience of these issues and we can guide you in your discussions with stakeholders.
We have produced some short guidance notes on the issues businesses, landlords, employers and directors are facing. We are developing these further as the issues evolve.
Should you have any further questions or concerns about the impact to your business, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me, your usual Beauchamps contact, or one of our identified subject matter experts.
John White, Managing Partner
DD: 01 4180639 | M: 087 2333687
Beauchamps' dedicated team will continue to assess the implications of the COVID-19 and its impact on organisations. Relevant resources will be added below on an ongoing basis.
- COVID-19 and charity trustees
- COVID-19: Do the Public Procurement Rules continue to apply?
- Company Secretarial considerations in light of COVID-19 restrictions
- Will Business Interruption Cover Apply to COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Business Continuity Statement
- COVID-19 and Professional Registration
- COVID-19 and Subject Access Requests
- Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (COVID-19) Act 2020 makes available the Temporary Wages Subsidy Scheme
- Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (COVID–19) Act, 2020 – Amendment to Planning Legislation
- Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (COVID-19) Act 2020 introduces a significant change to the Redundancy Payments Act 1967
- COVID-19 Update: Immediate practical considerations for both landlords and tenants of commercial real estate
- COVID-19 Update: Measures to assist residential tenants - inhibitions on tenancy terminations and rent increases
- Impact of COVID-19 on the courts and litigation time limits
- COVID-19 Update: Holding board meetings
- COVID-19 Update: Tips on using e-signatures and entering into agreements remotely
- Government steps up supports for COVID-19 hit businesses
- Contractual issues arising in relation to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Update: Irish Competition Authority asks parties to delay Merger Notifications
- Corporate structuring options for COVID-19 hit businesses
- COVID-19 Update: European Commission Announces Temporary State Aid Framework
For more information or to discuss any COVID-19 related issues impacting your business, please get in touch with Dorit McCann (EU, Competition & Procurement), Barry Cahir (Litigation and Insolvency), Thomas O'Dwyer (Litigation), Sharon Delaney (Litigation), Damian Maloney (Corporate and Commercial), Aidan Marsh (Commercial Property), Gerry Gallen (Commercial Property), Sandra Masterson Power (Employment) or Paul Gough (Employment) or your usual Beauchamps contact.